We need your help for this year’s Woodstock Neighborhood Plant Sale scheduled for Saturday, May 13th, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the Woodstock Community Center, 5905 E 43rd Ave.
Proceeds from this annual event go into the Woodstock Community Center Maintenance Fund and support volunteer efforts to provide routine maintenance for the Center, including custodial service and supplies, and some landscaping needs, a key part of an agreement with Portland Parks that keeps the Center open and available for community use.
When to Volunteer
- On Friday, May 12th from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM, we need 12 to 24 volunteers for as much time as they can spare to bring plants into the Woodstock Community Center, and label, price, and sort plants into categories (herbs, ground covers, white perennials, etc.).
- On Saturday, May 13th from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, the day of the sale, we need early morning volunteers to set up display tables, carry plants outside and arrange them on tables. From 9:00 AM to the end of the sale we need people to help customers find and transport plants, and to help with plant information. From 2:00 PM on, we will need help with putting things away and cleanup.
How to Sign Up
- Select one or more shifts using our online signup.
- Visit the Woodstock Community Center at 5905 E 43rd Ave and add your name to the signup sheet. The center is open most weekday mornings as well as Monday nights from 6:00–9:00 PM.
- Attend the Woodstock Neighborhood Association meeting at the Woodstock Community Center, 5905 E 43rd on May 3 at 7:00 PM and add your name to the signup sheet.