Our thanks to everyone in the community who turned out for this year’s plant sale on Saturday, May 11th, to benefit the Woodstock Community Center. Gross sales came to $7,851, the highest sales total in our history, more than beating last year’s $5,300.
We’d like to thank our 20+ generous plant donors and the 51 volunteers who helped with setup, sorting, and pricing more than 1,400 plants, cashiering, offering plant advice, and cleanup. A special shout-out to Karen and Larry Krettler, who once again donated dozens of strawberry starts and tomato plants that they raised from seed. We couldn’t have done it without you.
This year’s sale also featured Shelly Keach’s whimsical mini sedum gardens, Jill Torberson’s garden sculptures, and beautiful hanging plants and color bowls from Tony’s Garden Center.
Many thanks as well for these generous company donations:
- New Seasons for their $75 in-kind donation to the Woodstock Community Center as well as plants and trays for carrying plants
- Portland Nursery for a $60 gift certificate for plants
- Woodstock Ace Hardware’s garden center for sedum plants
- Flying Rabbit Productions for designing this year’s gorgeous poster
- Papaccino’s, Papa Murphy’s, and Safeway for coffee, pizza, donuts, and OJ for our volunteer
- Ben Schoenman for updating the plant sale banner
In addition, a local plant nursery made an anonymous donation this year of many native shrubs.
Your efforts and attendance will help to maintain the community center in the year to come. We look forward to seeing you again at next year’s sale.