Our thanks to everyone in the community who turned out for this year’s plant sale on Saturday, May 12th to benefit the Woodstock Community Center. Gross sales came to $5,300, the highest sales total in our history! We’d like to thank our generous plant donors and the 45 volunteers who helped with setup, sorting, and pricing plants, cashiering, offering plant advice, and cleanup. We couldn’t have done it without you. A special shout-out to Shelly Keach for her whimsical mini sedum gardens, which sold out in record time: just 45 minutes!
Many thanks as well for these generous company donations:
- New Seasons for their $75 donation to the Woodstock Community Center and plant trays to help carry plants
- Portland Nursery and Woodstock Ace Hardware’s garden center for sedum plants
- Flying Rabbit Productions for designing this year’s gorgeous poster
- The Reed College Print Shop for printing the posters
- Papaccino’s, Papa Murphy’s, and Safeway for coffee, pizza, donuts, and OJ for our volunteers
- Bimart for plant racks for our vegetable starts
In addition, a local plant nursery made an anonymous donation this year of over 300 bare root native plants.
Your efforts and attendance will help to maintain the community center in the year to come. We look forward to seeing you again at next year’s sale.